I put a pair of 100W Dick Cepek off-road pencil beams (you get a mile or
so of reach on the beach, like daylight) on my old Blazer, had them
aimed right into the windshield of that oncoming BMW that always has its
aux driving lights on, and aimed right at my eyes.  Blink the brights a
few times, BMW driver blinks his to show s/he does not have the
high-beams on, then hit the eye-burners (hey look at my way cool aux
driving lights, why, they're just like yours, sorta!).  Of course the
geniuses driving the BMWs never understand, but there is some other
factor at work there I think.  The same behavior has spread to most of
the drivers of lux-cars that have the aux lights, and of course big-ass
SUVs that have them higher off the road but still aimed right in your
eyes for some reason.  I guess they think it looks cool or something to
drive around the wilds of street-lighted urbia with their extra lights on.

I have pointed out to various dimwits occasionally that their lights are
inappropriate and offensive when pointed at another driver, I usually
get told to FO or something similar by the good citizens.  I have quit
doing that as I do not want to get shot by someone who feels his manhood
has been impugned, though most BMW drivers probably would not be packing
anything but a cell phone.

--R