An overwhelming majority.

I am sorry for ranting -- we sort of get left out of the reporting of what
happened that historical day. And to be honest, the Coasties who survived
the drop-off went back to the mother-ship, grabbed a cup of coffee, took a
shower, and *then* reflected on what had happened -- and most likely had to
run for an extended time in "the head." (For you non-sailors, "the head" is
the toilet.)

Actually, I think he overwhelming majority (approaching 100%) of the folks
driving the landing vehicles were USCG. After all, it was supposed to be
shallow water!   :-)

I will have to research that.

On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 9:59 PM, Wilton Strickland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> US Navy and US Coast Guard.  How many or what percentage of each I don't
> know, but, yes, Wonko, "your" service was there en mass, too - likely a
> large percentage.
>
> Wilton

LT Don
http://don.homelinux.net/~don/