It's like the rivalry between GM and Fraud, each thinks the other are a
bunch of wallys.
Obviously I am biased but generally money waster drivers tend to be
worse drivers, displaying a lot of bad habits.
I don't think so much prestige driven (specially not with bargain bin
Mercs) but more the desire for quality and a car that is worth putting
money and effort into.

Hendrik
who is off to the country club for a round of golf and then may take the
yacht for a spin, perhaps I'll have time to fire up the private jet for
quick trip