From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Archer
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2008 12:19 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Sunil's active duty

The Swiss haven't been invaded and haven't gone to war in several hundred
years.  They have a unique defense system:
"The armed forces consist of a small nucleus of about 3,600 professional
staff, half of whom are either instructors or staff officers, with the rest
being conscripts or volunteers. All able-bodied Swiss males aged between 19
and 31 must serve, and although entry to recruit school may be delayed due
to senior secondary school, it is no longer possible to postpone it for
university studies. About one third is excluded for various reasons, and
these either serve in Civil Protection or Civilian Service."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_army
Gerry
From: "Gary Hurst" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>