From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Jim Cathey
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 8:30 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] bending steel pipe

> Assuming I can straighten it to my satisfaction, should I then dunk it
> in water, or let it cool naturally.  Or will it make any difference?

Quenching it will harden it, to whatever point the steel is
capable of being hardened.  Letting it air-cool will not (so
much).  Don't know if this is an issue or not.  Steel that gets
too hard gets brittle.  Myself, I usually let mild steel parts
air-cool, unless I need to handle them immediately.

-- Jim

Checked by AVG.
9:08 PM

Checked by AVG.