Step #1: In the Test lab tab, choose the test set that you would like to
run and click on “Run Test” or “Run Test Set”. Run Test- will execute the
test set selected and the “Run test set” will run the entire set one test
after the other until the end.  Click on “Being Run”. (Click on images to
enlarge)

Quality Center Test Execution
Step #2: If it is an automation test and the tool is integrated, then it
launches and runs it in the testing tool. In that case, it auto-populates
the test result.

Quality Center Test Execution

Step #3: Since ours is a manual test, we will have to execute the steps
manually on our AUT and set the results. Go to the test status field and
click on it to set it to a certain value. You can also enter the actual
result in the space provided.

Quality Center Test Execution

Step #4: I am going to choose “Passed”. And am going to do the same for all
the steps.

Quality Center Test Execution

Step #5: When done, click on the cross button to the dialog. The following
confirmation message is displayed. Click Yes

Quality Center Test Execution

Step #6: Now you see, the status of the test is marked as passed.

Quality Center Test Execution

Step #7: Let us execute the next test in the list.  I will follow the same
steps and fail just one of the steps. The status of the test goes to failed
if any one of the steps fails.

Quality Center Test Execution

Tip: You can change this status any time you wish by clicking on the status
column and setting the desired value.

Check the execution status in the Test Plan tab:
Once you have executed the test case, go back to the test plan tab and open
the corresponding test case. Go to Test Configurations tab and the
following is how the execution status gets reflected.

Quality Center Test Execution

Check the execution status in the Requirements tab:
As you can see, the corresponding requirement’s direct cover status has
changed to “Passed”.

Quality Center Test Execution

Double click on the requirement and go to “Test Coverage Status”

Quality Center Test Execution

Points to note:
1) The different states of a test case execution can also be customized by
the Admin.

2) You can choose to parameterize a manual test by adding parameters to it.
When the test is run, the actual test data can be entered.

3) At every step in your ALM, you can send email through it. To do so, find
this icon in your ALM window and click on it. For example, in the test plan
tab, I am clicking on it.

ALM email sending

Once you click on it, the following dialog opens. You can enter the
required details and send an email.

selenium training in btm
<https://www.besanttechnologies.com/selenium-training-in-btm-layout>

selenium training in rajajinagar
<https://www.besanttechnologies.com/selenium-training-in-rajaji-nagar-bangalore>

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "QTP
- HP Quick Test Professional - Automated Software Testing" group.
to mercuryqtp+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.