On 11/13/2008 10:56 AM, Chris Browet wrote:

>>> If it's not the nvidia stuff, I remember seeing this when testing the
>> last
>>> patch, but it disappeared by itself before I had the opportunity to
>> tackle
>>> it.
>> It seems to be the nvidia bug.
>

> Anyway, I'll try to reproduce on Linux. My box runs under vmware, so this
> was definitely not nvidia specific.

Let me know if I can help you, since the error is perfectly reproducible
on my laptop.

>>   Just one question: do you always use Webkit as a renderer, or do you use
>> it only to get the aerial photos?
>

> Webkit is only used when rendering Yahoo images.
> Note however that if you only hide the yahoo layer (i.e. click on the "eye",
> webkit is still doing its stuff in the background, just not showing it). To
> completely disable it, set the background layer to "none" or some other TMS
> provider.

So if I understand you correctly you are loading the Yahoo images (which
is relatively slow) anyway, you're just not displaying them, if the
layer is set to invisible, which it is by default I think? If so, are
there any reasons for that?

cheers,
Norbert