> > 3) The on-board ATI graphics chip is about 2 cm away from the Slot1,
> > directly underneath the CPU's big heat sink.
>
> Hmmm, sounds pretty suspicious to me. I would move it down a slot or
> two...

"ON-BOARD" ATI graphics.  its a all-in-one motherboard.  can't move it.

re: emf radiation, I heavily doubt that a CPU could radiate any significant
EMF thru a heatsink, which after all is a large mass of aluminum, presumably
grounded.

I'd be more likely to suspect power transients coming through the +5VDC.

> > 4) The distributed.net client does not cause this behavior.  My
> > understanding is that it does not use either FPU or cache.
>
> Huh? If you are LL testing you are using FPU and cache. I'm almost as sure
> that applies if you are factoring as well.

he meant the distributed.net client does not use FPU or cache.  In fact, it
does use some cache, but not nearly as heavily as the LL tests do.  The
distributed.net client is that RC-5 encryption thing, its all integer math.

-jrp