On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, Paul Cuni wrote:
> I just installed this new CPU k63-450mhz and I am getting this constantly
> in prime 95 version 19.2
>
> Iteration: 1044018/4721813, ERROR: SUM(INPUTS) != SUM(OUTPUTS),
> 1880675659930562 != 1880675659963331
> Possible hardware failure, consult the readme file.
> Continuing from last save file.
> [Sun Jan 16 11:42:48 2000]
> Iteration: 1044468/4721813, ERROR: SUM(INPUTS) != SUM(OUTPUTS),
> 3286921099109153 != 3286921099113248
> Possible hardware failure, consult the readme file.
> Continuing from last save file.
> [Sun Jan 16 12:11:21 2000]
> Iteration: 1046082/4721813, ERROR: SUM(INPUTS) != SUM(OUTPUTS),
> 11964574901321.7 != 11964574868554.83
> Possible hardware failure, consult the readme file.
> Continuing from last save file.
> [Sun Jan 16 12:26:45 2000]
> Iteration: 1044929/4721813, ERROR: SUM(INPUTS) != SUM(OUTPUTS),
> 4958683212425541 != 4958683212360005
> Possible hardware failure, consult the readme file.
> Continuing from last save file.

Before you continued with your assignment, did you try setting prime95 to
do a complete test?
It'll only take about a day, and you'll sleep better knowing that you've
hammered it a lot before depending on it.

> As to those errors I reported earlier it appears my cpu couldn't
> handle its 450mhz rated speed.  Or maybe it was my motherboard.
> Either way I've underclocked to 400mhz and the problem disappears
> along with the quake 3 problems.  CPU temp went from 139 F to 130 F
> and mother board went from 97 to 90F
This sounds like it might also be your memory that's borderline, are you
using PC100 memory?

--
Henrik Olsen,  Dawn Solutions I/S       URL=http://www.iaeste.dk/~henrik/