Very durable.  I have Original P-II/233's two years old still going, have
been 24x7 since day one.   I have P-166's that have been going for 3 or 4
years nonstop on either crunching primes or crunching DES.  I even have a
handful of P-100's, among the first original Pentiums, still going on
double-checking, quite happily.  I've never had a machine die that I could
attribute to CPU failure.   It's always been hard drive, motherboard, or
just a plain inability to keep up with the assigned task, which eventually
gets the machine replaced or upgraded.