Interesting... I have had that happen to me as well a few times with PCs on a DSL (but without AOL). It doesn't happen on a regular basis but does lock up the program (v21.3) for hours or days at a time. Just caught one today that had been stuck like that for seven hours, even 'end task' couldn't stop it. I had to reboot the PC, then it connected and reported in just fine immediately afterwards.

Irv, I know this is no help, except to let you know you aren't the only one...

Steve Harris

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Friday, January 11, 2002 10:58 PM
Subject: Mersenne: Prime freezing when connecting by DSL to Primenet

I am running version 21.4 of Prime.  I recently started using a DSL connection on AOL. ( I am using Version 7.0 of AOL).  Since I started using this arrangement,  Prime locks up whenever it connects with Primenet.  After some delay, during which time everything stops, Primenet reports an ERROR 12031.  The only way that I can successfully report to Primenet, is to connect to AOL using my modem.

This problem occurs when reporting results, getting new exponents and reporting expected completion dates.

Any suggestions?  I can give more details if needed.

Irv Rosenfeld