I also had the problem of communicating with the server.  It was with
the one machine running 21.4.  I upgraded to 22.8 and the problem
stopped.

I did got ERROR 2250.  But that was when Prime95 was trying to
communicate with the server, _before_ my internet connection was
established.  So, instead of  "ERROR 2250: Server not available", we
should have got something saying  "Dial-up connection not ready".

So, I think that ERROR 2250 is in this case wrongly reported.

An autumn with freedom, peace and creativity for all.