Hi,

Since George added offset & error information to the lucas_v database file,
it's grown ... now around 7 megabytes, making it painful to download on an
analogue modem link.

I've therefore created a "truncated" version of the file. This is the same
file but with the information omitted for all exponents smaller than the
"double check completed through" value on the status page. The new file is
only about 40% of the size of the full version, but contains all the
information of interest to people working in active PrimeNet ranges.

The file is available as follows:

http://lettuce.edsc.ulst.ac.uk/gimps/lucas_va.zip

or by anonymous ftp from the same host, look in directory
/mirrors/www.mersenne.org/gimps

It's generated by a cron job run at 0630 GMT daily, if the lucas_v.zip file
on the master database has been updated during the previous day.

BTW this file has been generated by an open-source compression program which
is supposed to produce files 100% compatible with Windows Zip format. Please
let me know if there are any problems with decompressing it.

The orginal file remains available; omit the last "a" in the URL given above.