Daran wrote:
> When the TF limits were originally decided, it was assumed that a
> sucessful TF would save 1.03 or 2.03 LLs.  I can't remember whether
> George has ever said whether they have been lowered to take the P-1
> step into account.
to which Steve Harris replied:
> I don't think the TF limits were ever lowered; it seems they may
> have been raised, as I have gotten several 8.3M DC exponents which
> first had to be factored from 63 to 64

Whether it's raising or lowering depends on which way we're looking at
the TF limits: (a) the upper limit on power-of-two to which Prime95
TFs a given Mnumber, or (b) the lower or upper limits on Mnumber
exponent for which Prime95 TFs to a given power-of-two.

Recent Prime95 changes raised (a) for some Mnumber exponents, and
thus lowered (b) for some powers of two.

Richard Woods