Hi!

I have been running the program for several years. About a year ago I had a problem on
my WIN2K system - prime95 had problems reading the intermediate files when starting,
renaming the backup file was also not succesful which ultimately means that prime 95
restarts the prime test on the number - thus loosing a lot of work!

[Sun Sep 15 20:52:20 2002]
Iteration 1160000 / 15051427
[Mon Sep 16 09:26:38 2002]
Error reading intermediate file: pF051427
Renaming intermediate file qF051427 to pF051427.
Error reading intermediate file: pF051427
[Mon Sep 16 09:27:29 2002]
Error reading intermediate file: pF051427
Renaming intermediate file qF051427 to pF051427.
[Mon Sep 16 09:46:39 2002]
Iteration 1170000 / 15051427
[Mon Sep 16 10:08:32 2002]
Iteration 1180000 / 15051427

This is all done silently - only the results files shows the problem. I solved the
problem then by installing the NT-service.

Now I'm running XP and I just discovered that the problem is back.

I have checked and set permissions on the file and directories. I have checked the
sourcecode - but did'nt get much wiser.

I have made my own copies of the intermediate files, and manually cpoied them to the
prime95 folder - this does'nt work today!

Please help!

Best regards
Lars Geisler
LGSoftware