That's the problem with "silent" errors.  You may not know about them
for a long time.  By the time you learn about them, you will have
completely forgotten about any configuration changes you might have done
to the system that could have created the problem.

I would suggest popping up a modeless dialog box in the case of such
errors.  It would inform the operator of the problem, and would wait for
him to press "OK", but would continue processing in the meantime.

Provision could be made to send an email to some selected address so
that the operator would be notified in case the machine is one that is
not regularly accessed.

Gary Edstrom

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002 07:57:39 GMT, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I have been running the program for several years. About a year ago I had a problem
>on my WIN2K system - prime95 had problems reading the intermediate files when
>starting, renaming the backup file was also not succesful which ultimately means that
>prime 95 restarts the prime test on the number - thus loosing a lot of work!
>
> [snip]
>
>This is all done silently - only the results files shows the problem. I solved the
>problem then by installing the NT-service.
>
>Now I'm running XP and I just discovered that the problem is back.
>

>I have checked and set permissions on the file and directories. I have checked the
>sourcecode - but did'nt get much wiser.
>
>I have made my own copies of the intermediate files, and manually cpoied them to the
>prime95 folder - this does'nt work today!
>
>Please help!

[snip]