At 10:44 AM 10/4/2002 +0100, Barry Stokes wrote:
>When I was checking my individual account page thing, I noticed that several
>of the numbers I was supposed to be factoring didn't appear in my list. I
>then checked the "Hourly World Test Status, Assignments Report" file, and
>found that the numbers I had have now been assigned to other people...
>Anyone got any ideas as
>to why this is happening?

Oops, I blew it.

I mentioned a few days ago that we are having trouble with version 18
factoring clients grabbing exponents and not processing them.  Scott is
working on a server fix.  In the meantime, I've been locating these exponents
and putting them back in the pool.  Last night, I erred and freed up the
wrong set of exponents (I reran a macro that was a few days old rather than
running the new macro).

There is no way for me to undo the damage I have done.  Sorry.

To avoid duplicate work, check your worktodo.ini file for assignments above
20,540,000.  Then look at your individual account report. If the exponent
appears
in your worktodo.ini file and not in your individual
account report, then delete it from your worktodo.ini file.