On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 23:02:34 -0000, Daran wrote:

>2)  To better stress main memory, the torture test will now use up to the
>    amount of memory specified in the Options/CPU dialog box."
>
>If you haven't allowed it to use this much memory, then it's a bug,
>otherwise its a feature.

Thanks to everyone who responded.  In this case, it's a bug in my
thinking.  I had the memory usage set to the max allowable, because I
wanted P-1 to succeed whenever possible, even if it inconvenienced me
- I do most of my academic work via VNC into timeshares, so it isn't a
big deal if the system thrashes.

Is that the Wrong Thing (tm) to do in terms of improving Prime95's
efficiency?

Nathan