----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian J. Beesley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "George Woltman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 7:19 PM
Subject: Re: Mersenne: Bug in version 22.10

> Hi,
>
> One thing you might consider - when you change to v22.11, check out your
> results file. If you have a P-1 run logged on an exponent you haven't yet
> started LL/DC testing, make it run the P-1 again (change the ,1 at the end
> of the assignment line in worktodo.ini to ,0).

George said "The bug causes factors to be missed in the final stage of P-1
and ECM factoring."

The way I read that is that stage 1 is OK, but *some* factors may be missed
in stage 2

If that's correct, then any user whose system does not do stage 2 at all
(because they've allocated no extra memory) should not rerun their stage 1.
Even if it does, it's probably not worth rerunning the entire P-1 just to
get a (possibly reduced) chance of finding a factor in stage 2

> Regards
> Brian Beesley

Daran