Hi,

I have just built a system with the following components / operating system:

Abit NF7-S v. 2.0 motherboard
Athlon XP 2500+ Barton CPU
Zalman CNPS7000A-CU cooler w/Arctic Silver 5
2 x 512mb Buffalo PC3200 w/Winbond CH-5
Radeon 9700 np
Fortron 530W PSU
Windows XP sp1

I am running the torture test on "blend" to test stability.  However, using
my default bios settings (default speeds, voltages, memory timings, etc.),
Prime95 fails with a "Sorry, this program has to close, do you want to
notify Microsoft?" error.  If I drill down to the actual error screen, I see
a Windows Exception error.  I never see any message in the Prime95 window
itself about an error or a wrong calculation.  My question: is the Windows
error I described a symptom of faulty hardware, or is this more likely a
software problem? Perhaps I need to reload Windows?  I have tried 236, 237
and 238, all with the same results.  My system temperatures never exceed 39
C for CPU and 21 C for the motherboard.  The failure can occur anywhere
between 1 minute and 3 1/2 hours of running the test.  Any help is
appreciated.