On 2017-11-10 16:46:32, Matt Turner wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 4:44 PM, Timothy Arceri <tarc...@itsqueeze.com> wrote:

> >> For patch 4. Patch 4 can't happen unless zlib is optional because it's
> >> a pain to enable zlib on windows.
> >>
> >> No surprise, but the disk cache actually works without zlib. (Of
> >> course, Tim originally implemented it without compression.)
> >

> > To be honest i really don't like this. Without compression the disk cache is
> > not great, for example Deus Ex shaders took up around 130MB (over 1/10 of
> > the default cache size). IMO we should just disable building the cache when
> > zlib is not found ... actually I'm pretty sure building this is already
> > disabled on windows because its very unixy.
>
> I'm in favor of requiring zlib for the shader cache as well.

I didn't think anyone would ever have used shader cache with it
disabled. (Well, maybe someone would use it on windows, but nobody
that matters. :)

Anyway, I'll just drop this series and revise the program-binary code
to not build on windows (like disk_cache.c) since it also uses zlib.

Maybe if we get windows builds moved from scons to meson then we can
depend on zlib unconditionally and build these on windows as well.

-Jordan