On January 4, 2018 14:02:25 Ilia Mirkin <imir...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 2:57 PM, Karol Herbst <kher...@redhat.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 8:56 PM, Jason Ekstrand <ja...@jlekstrand.net> wrote:
What is the nature of the immediate problem?  We may have a similar issue.

 we don't do rescheduling, so all the immediates are at the top of the shader.

The implication being that any values that are initialized to an
immediate (which is not infrequent) are done so at the top of the
shader, extending live ranges dramatically.

It's not difficult to move them somewhere closer to first use, just
needs to be done.

I think our back-end compiler's copy propagation and constant communication passes handle that for us fairly well. The primary place it's likely to still be an issue for is loop counters and the like.