Working under embargoes does suck and quite a lot of people had seen
this code but I think the process falls down a bit when Jason wrote
(even tongue-in-cheek)
"You're 4.5 hours too late, I'm afraid.  I'd be happy to take some
patches though. :-)"

I know in this case Dylan writing patches is probably the most
expedient thing, but the response is off putting for post-push review.

Review after something has landed is just as valid as review before.
If someone spends the time
reviewing something and it's already in the tree, you should still try
and respond to the review in a timely fashion.

If you want to push stuff quickly that has gotten lots of internal
review, but you also need to realise you are have obligations to take
post-review feedback more seriously :-)

Dave.