Quoting Ilia Mirkin (2018-03-08 08:59:12)
> On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 11:45 AM, Dylan Baker <dy...@pnwbakers.com> wrote:
> > Quoting Jason Ekstrand (2018-03-07 20:22:51)
> >> Yes, that is what happened.  That said, wrote that patch in September and
> >> you've had about 6 months to look at it.  The only particularly active Mesa
> >> contributor who hasn't had access is Ilia.
>
> [And there was no particular reason for me to review these as I am not
> involved in Intel development, and am fairly weak on Vulkan in the
> first place.]
>
> > The understanding has always been that patches
> > that are neither trivial nor fix a critical bug should be on list at least
> > 24
> > hours before being pushed, even after receiving a review.
>
> I push stuff pretty much immediately after receiving any review. First
> I hear of a 24-hour rule. I even push stuff that never got review (but
> almost always sat on list in some form for a bit), but only inside of
> nouveau -- probably not OK for drivers with active multi-person teams.
>
> For patches that substantially affect lots of drivers (either directly
> via code, or indirectly via being a shared component that sits in
> front of the drivers), it's good to ensure that all the driver
> maintainers are able to provide feedback, for which a 24 hour period
> ought to be sufficient. But for patches within a driver, I don't think
> that's particularly required.
>
> Some patches did affect radv, and (iirc) Bas provided feedback on
> (some) of those (and I believe the two teams had been working together
> previously).
>
> FWIW, I don't really perceive any process issue in this case.
>
> It sucks when you notice an issue and the patch has already been
> pushed, but it happens. Not such a big deal.
>
>   -ilia

I'll let it go then. When I was given commit access I was told that I should
wait 24 hours after sending patches unless they were trivial or fixed something
critical, ie, without them you can't compile or nothing works. I know we've
always given a lot of flexibility to vendor specific code (i965 or nouveau), but
you hope everyone can understand my frustration with a 56 patch series that I
sent review for 8 hours after it was posted to the list and I got told "Oh, I
merged that hours ago, patches welcome."

But as I said, I'll let it go.

Dylan