Emil Velikov <emil.l.veli...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Having gone through the thread a few times, I believe it can be
> summarised as follows:
>  * Greater transparency is needed.
>  * Subsystem/team maintainers.
>  * Unfit and late nominations.
>  * Developers/everyone should be more involved.
>  * Greater automation must be explored.
>

> NOTES:
>  * Some of the details are not listed in the thread, but have been
>    raised in one form or another.
>  * The details focuses more on the goals, than the actual means.
>  * Above said, some details may have been missed - I'm mere human.
>

> In detail:
>  * make the patch queue, release date and blockers accessible at any
>    point in time:
>     * queued patches can be accessed, via a branch - say wip/17.3,
>       wip/18.0, wip/18.1, etc. The branch _will be_ rebased, although
>       normally reverts are recommended.

I created a bot that applies commits from master to wip stable branches
and tests in CI.  It runs several times a day and identifies patches
that do not cherry-pick cleanly.  Branches are here:

 https://github.com/janesma/mesa/tree/wip/17.3
 https://github.com/janesma/mesa/tree/wip/18.0

I've sent a couple of mails to developers when their recent patches
don't apply.  So far it handles about 85% of the commits containing
stable tags without intervention.