On Fri, 10 Sep 1999, Keith Whitwell wrote:

> I hadn't even considered fat lines (or stipples).  I was just thinking about how
> to define the two triangles which define the line - for points it's easy as the
> offsets will be axis-aligned, but for lines I'm not sure you can get away with
> just adding and subtracting .5 to get the corners of the thin quad.

Actually, for non-smoothed lines, that's exactly what you have to do.
Look at the the line, and add/sub half the line width to either
the X or Y coordinate - depending on it's slope.

Antialiased lines are supposed to remain the same width irrespective
of orientation.

> I don't know if this stuff will make 3.1 - I think the consensus is
> that we are fixing bugs & no more for now.

Good!

Steve Baker                (817)619-2657 (Vox/Vox-Mail)
Raytheon Systems Inc.      (817)619-2466 (Fax)
Work: [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://www.hti.com
Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://web2.airmail.net/sjbaker1