On 20-Sep-99 Jeff Slutter wrote:
> Hi,
>     I'm currently porting Descent 3 to Linux using Mesa as the OpenGL
> renderer.  Using the same source code as the Windows version except for the
> initialization and any other glx specific things I have gotten it all ported.
> However, there seems to be some issues with the perspective texture mapping.
> I'm not quite sure if this is on our side, Mesa or maybe even glx (I'm using
> the NVidia glx X-Server for my TNT and the one for Matrox for my g400), but
> remember that this is the same source code as the Window's version.

Have you tried compiling using linux/Mesa's 3Dfx driver?  I realize you already
have a glide version working/in-the-works for Linux, but both the Matrox and
NVidia drivers are _considerably_ newer and less polished than the 3Dfx one.
The FX driver has about 1.5 years of seniority over the other drivers and has
been much more thoroughly tested/debugged.  Testing against this driver will at
least isolate whether your problem is with the chipset-level drivers or Mesa
proper.

Joe

--
Joe Waters ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) Aegis Simulation Technologies
Shoot stuff.   Break things.  Impress your friends.