On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, Jeff Slutter wrote:

>     Thanks for the sample program, I compiled it in both my Linux and
> Windows to compare them.  In Linux (but not Windows) I get the same problem
> as what is in Descent 3 with the perspective texture mapping once I hit the
> '4' key to switch to use glTexCoord4f().  glTexCoord2f() works fine,
> however.
>
>     The Descent 3 code uses neither glTexCoord2f() or glTexCoord4f(), it
> uses glTexCoordPointer(), so I suspect these drivers are having some problem
> with that also.

In the code snipped below, it's using glTexCoordPointer to
send four-component texture coordinates - so it's in the
4-component texture coord code.

>  glEnableClientState (GL_VERTEX_ARRAY);
>  glEnableClientState (GL_COLOR_ARRAY);
>  glEnableClientState (GL_TEXTURE_COORD_ARRAY);
>
>  glVertexPointer (3,GL_FLOAT,0,GL_verts);
>  glColorPointer (4,GL_FLOAT,0,GL_colors);
>  glTexCoordPointer (4,GL_FLOAT,0,GL_tex_coords);
>
>     So do you think (I'm sorry, but I'm quite new to OpenGL, as I have
> inherited all of D3's rendering systems since our graphics programmer left
> Outrage) if I convert to use glTexCoord2f() I might get some good results?

Well, I presume the real code is using four-component texture coordinates
because it's doing its own perspective divide.  Under those circumstances,
you *can't* use a two component texture.

Someone has to look into the inner workings of glTexCoord4f and find
the bug.

Steve Baker                (817)619-2657 (Vox/Vox-Mail)
Raytheon Systems Inc.      (817)619-2466 (Fax)
Work: [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://www.hti.com
Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://web2.airmail.net/sjbaker1