On Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 11:49:45AM -0700, Brian Paul wrote:

> So you're using XFree 3.9 with DRI?  I haven't examined how the
> X/Mesa garbage collection mechanism works in there.

No, sorry, I misunderstood the meaning of the define. I'm using the
3.3.5 stuff.

> Have you looked at glXReleaseBuffersMESA(Display, GLXDrawable)?
> If you call this function after destroying your window, Mesa
> will free the internal XMesaBuffer associated with the drawable.

No, I have not. This did the trick, though, thanks! I just did it
after the destroy context call.

> has been closed is a problem.  I don't know of a way to determine
> if a given Display * is valid.

Neither do I, and a quick scan of the XLib manual didn't clue me in. I
take it this stuff is a result of the 3Dfx drawable weirdness because
of Glide?

m.

--
Programmer                         "I wrote a song about dental floss,
Loki Entertainment Software         but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?"