On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 2:15 PM, Kristian Høgsberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 2:32 PM, Dan Nicholson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  > Kristian,
>  >
>  >  Unfortunately, moving the libGL install target to src/glx breaks all
>  >  the non-glx targets since libGL will never be installed in those
>  >  cases. Is there a particular problem you were trying to solve with
>  >  that?
>
>  I don't it's unreasonable to expect make install in a directory such
>  as src/glx/x11 to install the library built in there.  That's what I
>  was trying to fix.  I guess there's nothing wrong in also installing
>  libGL from src/mesa/Makefile as well, if something relies on that
>  behavior.

I fully agree, but the problem is that libGL is created in src/mesa in
all cases _except_ GLX. In that case, it jumps out to src/glx/x11 for
the build. You can try to make sense of src/mesa/Makefile, but it
ain't pretty. :) One way to make this "nicer" would be to split up the
install target in src/mesa/Makefile so that it logically follows the
build.

Also, if you move files around, check the file list in the top-level
Makefile that is used for "make tarballs". The equivalent "make dist"
for Mesa (Brian probably does this different, but this is how I got it
to work) is:

$ cd ..
$ ln -sf Mesa-7.1pre mesa # mesa is my local clone
$ cd mesa
$ make tarballs

--
Dan