On 1 mar 2010, at 13.45, Jakob Bornecrantz wrote:
> On 1 mar 2010, at 13.05, Keith Whitwell wrote:
>> On Thu, 2010-02-25 at 20:46 -0800, Jakob Bornecrantz wrote:
>>> Howdy
>>>
>>> I'm hoping to merge the gallium-winsys-handle branch to master this
>>> weekend or early next week. The branch adds two new pipe screen
>>> functions to be used by the co state tracker (state tracker manger
>>> in
>>> new st_api.h speak). The branch also adds a new
>>> PIPE_TEXTURE_USAGE_SHARABLE flag telling the driver that the driver
>>> that the texture might be used for sharing. Even more so it also
>>> renames PIPE_TEXTURE_USAGE_PRIMARY to PIPE_TEXTURE_USAGE_SCANOUT
>>> just
>>> to make things clear. I also ported the egl,xorg,dri state trackers
>>> the new interface and removing unneeded functions from drm_api
>>> making
>>> it even smaller, however I only ported i915g, i965 and svga to the
>>> new
>>> API. Looking at the commits where I port the other drivers it should
>>> be pretty clear what to do.
>>
>> Jakob,
>>
>> I think it's probably best if you make an attempt at the changes to
>> the
>> other drivers and then ask people to test your changes.  This is how
>> we've been doing other interface changes and it seems to be a good
>> balance.
>
> Ok I'll take a stab at it.

Okay, I have done r300g as well, only nouveau, softpipe and llvmpipe
are missing. Now both softpipe and llvmpipe are going to go to massive
winsys changes as per your branch Keith, so I don't really see the
point in trying to fix them. For softpipe adding winsys handle would
require adding a proper winsys. For llvmpipe any change I do would be
wasted since its going to switch to the new software winsys and also I
can not build llvmpipe.

And last for nouveau I'm hoping that the other 4 driver conversions I
did can serve as a good guide, I have to admit that I am quite busy
and I'm sorry for leaving them with the change. I have how ever made
sure that the pipe usage change was applied to all drivers including
{llvm|soft}pipe and nouveau.

Anywho, I have pushed gallium-winsys-handle-rebased thats rebased on
master and cleaned up was well.

Cheers Jakob.