On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 4:14 PM, Bejar-Colonia, Carlos
<carlos.bejar-colo...@philips.com> wrote:
> Dear NXP,
>

> I have an iMX7dsabresd board and would like to boot it from NAND using
> MfgTool V2.

Have you tried your NAND already? I mean, have you flashed it
manually? Only to make sure all the support is in place?

> I have tried to use mfgtool2-yocto-mx-sabresd-nand.vbs script provided in
> MfgTool V2, but failed.
>
> I replaced the “sabreauto” with “sabresd” in the same script and I also
> rebuild Mfg Tools firmware (fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git) and updated
> fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs-imx7dsabresd.cpio.gz.u-boot in the MfgTool. But
> still fails

I would prefer to use the scripts with the board name included.
Anyway, can you, please, share the exact version of mfgtools you are
using only to make sure we're in the same page?

> These are the last lines from the console output:
>

> UTP: received command '$ mount -t debugfs debugfs /sys/kernel/debug'
> UTP: executing "mount -t debugfs debugfs /sys/kernel/debug"
> UTP: sending Success to kernel for command $ mount -t debugfs debugfs
> /sys/kernel/debug.
> utp_poll: pass returned.
> UTP: received command '$ flash_erase /dev/mtd0 0 0'
> UTP: executing "flash_erase /dev/mtd0 0 0"
> flash_erase: error!: /dev/mtd0
>              error 2 (No such file or directory)
> UTP: sending Non-success to kernel for command $ flash_erase /dev/mtd0 0 0.
> utp_poll: exit with status 65280
>

> Is mfgtool2-yocto-mx-sabresd-nand.vbs the right file to flash NAND for
> iMX7dsabresd board or I need to create my own script?
>
> I checked the iMX Yocto Project Guide, iMX Linux User Guide, MfgTool2
> documentation, but was not able to figure out. Could you provide the steps
> to flash NAND?

As far as I know, only the MfgTool documentation can help on this.

Do you really need to use mfgtool?

Daiane