Hi Kristof,

thanks for the fast reply. So basically I used a stopwatch to measure the
startup time ... :-o

But for comparison I now used the same command as you and got the following
results:

(1)

real    2m14.390s

user    0m51.370s

sys     0m7.200s

(2)

real    1m46.367s

user    0m39.700s

sys     0m6.890s

(3)

real    1m46.623s

user    0m40.120s

sys     0m6.470s

(4)

real    1m46.275s

user    0m39.860s

sys     0m6.770s

Meanwhile I also checked the file system accesses with strace of the
process and verified, that my buffering on my tmpfs RAM disk works as
intended. Bad news about it is of course, that obviously the Galileo board
is just too slow for ROS :-(

Thanks for sharing your data with me!

Best regards
Christoph