I'm working on a DM3730-based Gumstix Overo, trying to bring the kernel up to 3.8.13 since the 3.5.x series doesn't have the V4L2 support I need. Using the dylan branch of meta-ti I can build gstreamer-ti for a 3.5.0 kernel, but not for 3.8.13. The downward slide begins with ti-linuxutils-2_26_01_02 building cmem which blurts:

warning: #warning *** not a warning *** Note: LINUX_VERSION_CODE >= 2.6.26 [-Wcpp]

and starts choking on lack of VM_RESERVED because linux commit 314e51b9851b4f4 for v3.7 replaced it with other flags. This can be patched (though I'd have to try to figure out which flag set is intended), but the build then gets into trouble in sdma/src/module/sdmak.c because plat/hardware.h disappeared in dbc04161048, also first appearing in v3.7.

At this point I noticed that linuxutils is up to 4.0.0.6 which supplies only cmemk, which I think is all I need (and which I think I really do need). Great, except it uses autotools and doesn't have an install_modules target so the trivial replacement recipe doesn't work.

So: What is the recommended path to get gstreamer-ti to function on a DM3730 with kernel 3.8 and/or 3.10?

Thanks.

Peter
_______________________________________________
meta-ti mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-ti

Reply via email to