On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 03:10:24PM -0400, Brian Hutchinson wrote: > On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Chris Larson <[email protected]> wrote: > > > > > I haven't seen the panic, but I have seen a complete silent boot hang when > > moving from 4.6 to 4.7 or 4.8 on my OMAP5 EVM board. The gcc-linaro > > toolchain worked, as did a 2012.03 sourcery toolchain, but neither the > > 2013.05 toolchain nor the internal built yocto toolchain from 1.5/master > > resulted in a successful boot. I got past that issue by cherry picking > > these two commits from a more recent kernel: > > > > 455bd4c430b0c0a361f38e8658a0d6cb469942b5 - ARM: 7668/1: fix memset-related > > crashes caused by recent GCC (4.7.2) optimizations > > 418df63adac56841ef6b0f1fcf435bc64d4ed177 - ARM: 7670/1: fix the memset fix > > > > See also > > http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.handhelds.openembedded.core/39864 > > > I found this thread which is bang on with my problem but didn't see a > solution yet: > https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-ti/2012-May/001144.html
Have you tried poking into the following repositories for a possible fix: http://arago-project.org/git/projects/?p=linux-omap3.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/ti81xx-master http://arago-project.org/git/projects/?p=linux-dvr-rdk-dm81xx.git;a=summary http://arago-project.org/git/projects/?p=linux-ipnc-rdk-dm81xx.git;a=summary There are some product-specific forks around TI81x which I don't have any visibility into and hence I can't support it in meta-ti... :( -- Denys _______________________________________________ meta-ti mailing list [email protected] https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-ti
