Hi Theodore,

yes, I'm fighting similar issues in our layers today as well.

I've integrated your change and checked that runc builds now.

Here are the public logs for all the meta-virtualzation issues
http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Build/184253/
I'll update the WIP changes with these and send what I have after
checking at least buildhistory-diff.