On Wednesday, November 15, 2017 4:09:01 PM EST Bruce Ashfield wrote:
> On 2017-11-15 4:08 PM, Mark Asselstine wrote:

> >> I think this could mean the postinst doesn't get executed at all if
> >> there isn't an exit 1, else how would it know to defer to first boot?
> >
> > Every time I touch the postinst I admittedly end up in a knot. I was
> > inspecting the rpm scripts and all seemed well but I will take another
> > look to ensure I am not being a dolt.
> >
> > Either way thanks for the nudge Richard. Bruce hold off on this one for
> > now. I have so many little and big changes to get m-c-s back up to snuff
> > I am better off taking the time to ensure I am not messing something up.
>
> hah. I already merged this one, so rebase and send any fixups.

No problem. Seems Richard was correct. I saw the scripts in the RPM and see
them logged on first boot but they are in fact ineffective. Adding the exit 1,
however, marks a return of the log_check warning, so I will have to look at
what is going on there.

At any rate I need to go through each of these postinst scripts one by one as
they are all out of date, so overall this will not be a cause off any
additional noise.

Mark