On 8 March 2018 at 11:15, Alejandro Enedino Hernandez Samaniego
<alejandro.enedino.hernandez-samani...@xilinx.com> wrote:
> oe-core has upgraded binutils to v2.30, which caused some of our
> patches to fail, rebase these along with other minimal changes to
> avoid these errors and provide compatibility with latest oe-core.

Unfortunately your mail client or something has mangled your email by
trashing the whitespacing. Because the binutils patches have mixed
indentation its quite hard to demangle them.

error: patch failed:
meta-xilinx-bsp/recipes-microblaze/binutils/binutils%.bbappend:1
error: meta-xilinx-bsp/recipes-microblaze/binutils/binutils%.bbappend:
patch does not apply
error: patch failed:
meta-xilinx-bsp/recipes-microblaze/binutils/binutils-2.29/0004-Fix-relaxation-of-assembler-resolved-references.patch:28
error:
meta-xilinx-bsp/recipes-microblaze/binutils/binutils-2.29/0004-Fix-relaxation-of-assembler-resolved-references.patch:
patch does not apply
error: patch failed:
meta-xilinx-bsp/recipes-microblaze/binutils/binutils-2.29/0005-Fixup-MicroBlaze-debug_loc-sections-after-linker-rel.patch:25
error:
meta-xilinx-bsp/recipes-microblaze/binutils/binutils-2.29/0005-Fixup-MicroBlaze-debug_loc-sections-after-linker-rel.patch:
patch does not apply

However I went ahead and rebased the binutils git trees these patches
are formatted from.

https://github.com/nathanrossi/binutils-gdb/tree/microblaze/2.30/rebased

I also took into account the oe binutils patches, which should avoid
any issues with fuzzing (since warnings are now generated on fuzz,
http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/commit/?id=5133fd46bccf14e21680f8d94e952914edccb113).

However I have only been able to test the update properly on
MicroBlaze machines (where there are no regressions) and was unable to
get zcu102 to boot with its PMU firmware (issues with qemu-xilinx and
glibc 2.27? and or newer qemu-xilinx versions not booting).

I pushed a unfinished work in progress commit which contains the
patches exported from the above binutils ref,
https://github.com/nathanrossi/meta-xilinx/commit/d0e57b48add1f26a0b7931e41e340666586d409e

Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to sort out the zcu102
regression or test on a build machine which does not have issues
building the current version of qemu-xilinx in meta-xilinx.

Regards,
Nathan