On 7/21/99 3:30 AM, dohna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> but at least HC seems fairly robust. On the other hand, I haven't yet
>> used any stacks with thousands or tens of thousands of cards.
>
>Well, I have, and that was the main reason for using Oracle as a database:
>HyperCard is just not robust enough. And you get so much in addition. If
>you once have seen what you can do with SQL... Hey! I'm not selling
>Oracle here... get any database.

I'm not really arguing, but I have to throw my two cents in. I wrote a
HyperCard stack that contained, at its peak, about two thousand cards. It
was dynamic, in that over the course of time it added and deleted cards
on its own, to match an external data source (the directory lists of
several Microsoft Mail servers). It maintained an index of the cards, and
was active twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, for over a year.
It never had a problem.

Let's hear it for the robustness of supposedly trivial tools!

Geoff Canyon
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Your child can learn to read using the classics of children's literature.
Check out C.D. Caterpillar: <http://www.inspiredlogic.com/cd/>