On Tuesady, Nov 23 1999, Michael Walas wrote:

> I have created a custom cursor image but when I set the cursor to id
> such and such it displays completely black.  I figure this has something
> to do with a mask and I've seached the help section to no avail.
> (Crossworlds, please hurry with the new documentation stacks!)

We know, we know!

> I've
> changed the cursor ID to < 100, put the cursor in the cursor substack of
> tools, and even made my own substack with ithe mported cursor.  I know
> this has to be very simple yet it's taking way to much time to do such a
> simple job.  Anyone want to help a frustrated user?

You need to paint on the image in MetaCard.  The way to know if you have
been succesful is to check the colors properties: you should have only three
lines in it, one for black, white, and the transparent color.  The right
mouse button (control click on the Mac) erases the background color in
objects when painting with the bucket - doing that on the transparent area
should be enough.  What your trying to do is make some change that will make
MetaCard re-save the edited image in its internal format (something it does
automatically when you edit).  Note that MetaCard updates the colors
property only when you close the image (various ways, but safest to quit and
reopen) or actually set the cursor to the ID of that image (simplest).

Regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.xworlds.com/>
Cross Worlds Computing, MetaCard Distributors, Custom Development.
Tel: +44 (0)131 672 2909.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.