On 9/2/00 1:54 am, Steven Tripp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Suppose I capture a screen snapshot into an image:
>
> What is the the syntax for writing the image to a  file (or an
> existing picture file)?

ask file "Save as:"
put image 1 into URL ("binfile:"&it)

However, finding a package that will read the image in that format may be
hard.  The format is PBM/PGM/PPM.  I've had some sucess with
GraphicConverter (Mac) and Paint Shop Pro (Windows) but I can't remember
which of the latest versions of these open the images exported by the latest
versions of MC.  If you use the Externals Collection on our web site, you'll
be able to export to a more meaningful format.

Regards,

Kevin

> Steve

Kevin Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.xworlds.com/>
Cross Worlds Computing, MetaCard Distributors, Custom Development.
Tel: +44 (0)131 672 2909.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.

This is the MetaCard mailing list.