At 11:35 PM -0600 11/2/2000, Jacqueline Landman Gay wrote:
>Kevin Miller wrote:
>>
>> On 11/2/00 7:09 am, Mark Talluto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> > would love my users to be able to double-click on a saved
>> > file that will open up my app (just like a word pro document would do).
>> > Does anyone know if this is possible on both Mac and Win?
>>
>> Yes, this is possible on both platforms.  On Windows, you do what Tereza
>> suggested - reading in the environment variables $0, $1.
>
>Does anyone have an example script they'd be willing to share on how to
>do that on Windows?

This assumes the file association has been set in Windows.

If the double-clicked file is a stack, the standalone will run and
attempt to open the stack. If it's a file you want  to read from,
then something like the following should work:

in the standalone:

on preOpenStack
   if $1 is not empty then
    put url ("file:" & $1) into tData  #for example
   end if
## continue here
end preOpenStack

But there's a gotcha I think. If the standalone is already open,
double-clicking on an associated file will open a new instance of the
standalone. I remember there was a discussion on this a long time
ago. I can't remember anyone coming up with a way to allow a
double-clicked file to be handled by an already open standalone.

Cheers
Dave Cragg

This is the MetaCard mailing list.