>Hi Anyone,
>
>On the first side, i have to use Apache (on a Suse Linux 6.3 box) - and
>there for can't switch, at this time, to mchttpd_1b.mc - because it's
>the extranet's httpd used on the server.
>
>On the second side, i use, on a MacOS server, some acgi.apps (Hypercard,
>Metacard) that communicate with WebSTAR via appleevents and those apps
>are many more fast running as the metacard.mt scripts are under the
>standard cgi module used by Apache :
>
>one hand : the MacOS cgi apps are waiting in the background without to
>have to reload the global variables each time a new appleevent request
>come in...
>
>second hand : the metacard.mt scripts (and the global variables) are
>reloaded each time a new Apache cgi instance is needed.
>
>Is there a solution to get a good speed in serving mc scripts by using
>the FastCGI module suitable with Apache ?
>If yes, is there anyone here that can explain me how to install and use
>FastCGI to serve metacard scripts via Apache (Suse Linux 6.3) ?
>Else, is there a best solution to get a good speed in serving mc cgi
>scripts on Linux ?

I find it hard to believe that using the AppleEvents path is faster then
direct script execution. Also if you mean by globals what I mean in this
case, they also get reloaded for every request to the server.
I tend to believe that the difference in performance is either due to some
misconfiguration of Apache or some problem with the script in the .mt file.
I'd be curious to take a look at the script if you are willing to email it
to me off the list.

>Thank's a lot for any help,
>--
>Pierre Sahores