At 7:52 PM -0700 9/6/2000, Scott Raney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>OK, for you Mac users, how about each time you try to run an
>AppleScript it instead brings up the Script Editor?  Wouldn't be very
>convenient, would it?

Um, Scott...when you double-click an AppleScript it does open it. ;-)

Since you bring up AppleScript, why not use its solution? AppleScript files
are either editable or executable: if executable, opening one launches it,
and if editable, opening one opens it in the script editor. This eliminates
the annoyance and user-unfriendliness of having the script editor trying to
"run" an AppleScript that you want to edit.

A stack property could be added, and the engine could check a bit in the
file's header at launch time easily enough, it seems to me.

--
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.jaedworks.com