[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi Serge,
>
> Thanks to Kevin, I managed to put an auto-save feature for all of MC.
> Fortunately my stacks remain small but with all the changes I do, and the
> stability I got is not 100%, I need to have these saved often.
>
> So I stuck a few saving routines where needed including some exception
> handling because MC saves even what's not changed... Or it seems to... Even
> the contextual menu is a stack... this was quite annoying...
>
> Anyone know of a function or variable that tells you if the stack was edited
> and changed?
>
> Lastly, I decided to put all the handlers into the stack of MCtools (the
> menu bar) and only save on closesomething - delays are not too long but I
> had to exclude any stack owned by MCTools.
>
> Home doesn't seem as top of the hierarchy as in HC. I've seen msgs go
> through without being intercepted - needs more testing. Am I wrong? Is
> MCTools the very top of the hierarchy? can someone confirm or deny this?
>
> Thanks
> Xavier

Xavier,

If you save your stack in using the script below instead of using the standard
"Save" file menu item, you will avoid the splash screen display (and its
probable timeout delay) and see that MC is able to save in just some ticks most
of your work.

on mouseup
 save this stack as "the path to the stack to save"
end mouseup

Regards, Pierre Sahores

WEB, DB, B2B & ASP design.
Donner, l'art de penser