Hi all,

A professor has asked if I can convert his old HC stacks, "laden," as
he says, with the HyperCard  Picture XCMD.  He's thinking of moving
the data to Director, but I'm more inclined to recommend MetaCard
(naturally!), especially with version 2.4's new image handling
capabilities.

I haven't worked with HyperCard in many years, but it seems like it
should be possible to make the conversion without too much
difficulty.  But I wanted to ask if any of you have done this and
learned, perhaps the hard way, what works and what doesn't,
especially with respect to images that HC uses the Picture XCMD to
display.  That means they're stored in the resource fork, right?

Any thoughts or suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks,

Craig
--

Craig Spooner
Instructional Technology Training and Development
WebCT Administrator
Office of Instructional Services
Colorado State University
(970) 491-2516