Greetings y'all,
particularly to those who are interested in MC IDE,

Something wonderful has happened to me/us this week.
I've got a paying customer who wants to invest in the
development of a MetaCard-based authoring system like
MetaCard or RunRev, but it has to be even simpler than
both of these. Given that I'm the author of the
current incarnation of FreeGUI, e.g. a MetaCard-based
clone of HyperCard, it should not be surprising that I
suggested FreeGUI to this customer. He accepted! This
means that he will be investing money in the
development of FreeGUI to make it useable and easy
enough for this customer's target audience :
administrators, teachers and students in 500 schools
in Quebec. No, it's not a typo, nor is it a mistake
... *500* schools will be using it as early as this
coming summer (thousands of teachers and students). A
total breakthrough!  :))

The relevance for this group :

* FreeGUI has been crafted with MetaCard ;

* FreeGUI can easily be adapted to work with Rev ;

* FreeGUI is the GUI of FreeCard
  (which btw they're also interested in)

* FreeGUI and MC-IDE have a similar goal : to develop
and maintain a free open-source alternative IDE for
the MC-engine. Our efforts could therefore be
coordinated in order to synergize both our projects,
or merged together to form ONE stronger project.

* My paying customer allows me to offer someone on
this list a *job*, for the next three months minimum,
to help me achieve our holy grail of crafting a free
open-source authoring system easy enough for
non-developers. Yup! A job! The only catch is that you
have to be 29 years old or less, and you have to be
currently residing in Quebec (preferably in Montreal).
And, of course, you have to be competent with MetaCard
or RunRev, including TransScript of course. The
following would be assets in your favour: experience
in GUI design, French language, Java and XML,
familiarity with HyperCard. Web-savvyness would be a
big plus too ( PHP, mySQL, XML-RPC, secure sockets,
etc).

So are there any young Montrealers out there
looking for some breakthru xCard work ? :))

Please mail your comments [about MC-IDE and FreeGUI
integration], as well your CV if you're interested in
the job, to the following address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Pretty wild, eh!  :))

Alain F