Hello Larry and y'all,

> Will this be one application on one server
> or 500 separate installations.

There are 500 schools that want to use FreeGUI, but
the number of licences is another matter. My
hypothesis is that each school will want at least one
licence so that the school's techie-person can edit
scripts longer than 10/20 lines. Maybe more than one
for the schools who can afford it. OTOH, maybe not
one-per-school if the schools organize themselves
whereby one scriptor handles several schools. The gist
of it is that there will be as many MC or RR licences
sold as there technies wishing to script some scripts
longer than the script-limit of the Starter Kit;
otherwise, they will surely opt for a free Starter
Kit.

> If it's the latter I assume that the customer
> will have to pay for 500 engine licenses, correct?

Each participating school will purchase as many as
they see fit for their independent programming needs.

> The GUI may be free but doesn't the
> engine have to be paid for?

The Starter-Kit's only limitation is in the length of
the scripts that one can edit. Check out its licencing
if you are not entirely convinced that my approach is
100% legitimate.

> I know some development tools specifically
> state you can't develop a product that is
> basically the same as the development tool.

Runtime Revolution, for example.  ;-)

> Does that apply in this case?

Runtime's Revolution licencing does not apply in this
case because FreeGUI has been specifically granted an
exception from this clause by Kevin himself (the kind
CEO of Runtime, of course). Besides, FreeGUI has not
been adapted yet to run on Rev, albeit it will be
soon.

> Larry Huisingh

Chug a chug a chug .. choo! choo!

(e.g. The Little Train That Could)