Hey all,

I just gave a presentation last weekend at the LiveCode Live event on the MC
IDE and one of the things I brought up was the fact that a great benefit to
the MC IDE vs the LiveCode IDE is that it really tries to "get out of the
way of the developer."

And although it currently does a pretty good job of that, there are a few
places that IMHO still need to be changed. The two that immediately come to
mind are the Preferences and Properties stacks, both of which prevent you as
a developer from being able to name *your* stacks "Preferences" or
"Properties", and there are probably other stack name conflicts as well.

For the next build of the IDE, I'd like to change the IDE stack names to
have an "mc" prefix (like "mcPreferences"), but since this affects anything
that runs as a plugin, etc., I wanted to bring it up for discussion first.

What are your thoughts on this? Good idea? Bad idea? ...?

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: k...@sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/