Hello everyone, I am finally home after the Africa and South Pacific trips.
The Bensour trip was successful, as I acquired 18.7 kilos of material from this beautiful new fall.
On a downside, it seems that Dean Bessey and another European conspired to drive the price up by offering high prices when I arrived in Africa. Dean bought less than 100 grams for $5 gram, in order to make my price rise. I have the email proof of anyone wants to see it. Anyway, the net result was that I indeed had to pay more. I had negotiated a price and offered the ~$2 gram based on that price. The problem is that I had not paid yet and did not have the stones in my hands, so the Moroccans raised my price as is their right to do.
My total cost including trip expenses is $3.20 gram, I have been emailing all night to people who made their requests for me, and offering it at that price, as opposed to the ~$2 gram. By the way, please feel free to look at my original email below if there is any confusion, I did not quote a firm exact price of $2 gram, but rather very clearly "Around $2 gram", so although the price is higher than I had hoped, it is still within my offer. A Couple of people have had a problem with that, and I do indeed apologize, but in the rear world things change, and this did. Even at the raised price of $3.20 gram, it is still almost 5 times lower than Deans price of $15 gram, if that is not a damn good bargain, I don't know what is.
Anyone who agrees or disagrees with this, please email us and tell us why?
I look for any input on this matter.
Mike Farmer